Monday 26 September 2011

Aims

Hello hello, this is my new recipe focused food blog for paupers- Beggar's Banquet. I am a recent graduate who is living in College Station Texas, and with an extremely limited budget. I've been interested in food since starting University almost four years ago, where I finally had to start cooking for myself . I have since taken a cooking course from the excellent Keith Burke (his blog is here) as well as having trained at The Rivington based in Shoreditch, London.

The point of this blog is to bring home cooked food into the kitchens and dining tables of those who typically can't really spend much on food; students, recent liberal arts graduates and all the other peasants who like myself earn under $1000 a month. The recipes and techniques posted here will be easy for a beginner to grasp. I even have a test- if my girlfriend can make it (she is beyond useless at cooking) then anyone can.

The recipes posted here will also try to be as healthy and as ethically sound as possible, without sacrificing deliciousness. As I am a hungry-man on a 3000 calorie a day diet, portion sizes will be average to large, so prepare to go un-fucking-hungry.

So get out those knives, chopping boards and pans and prepare to eat cheaply and awesomely.

No comments:

Post a Comment