Tuesday 4 October 2011

Super Quick and Fresh Burmese Fish Curry


Whilst my fish fillets sat defrosting on my counter top I pondered what to do with them. As much as I liked how my beer battered fish tacos came out last time round (recipe will follow at a later date), I had already eaten fried food TWICE that very day -damn you America!- so I wanted something slightly less greasy.

I wanted to do some sort of curry but couldn't be bothered to go and buy curry paste and coconut milk (which is both terrible for you and expensive - fuck coconuts). Luckily, I managed to find this awesome video in which you make your own curry paste from scratch out of readily available ingredients- onions, garlic, coriander and dried chili. Unlike the video I used chili flakes and didn't bother soaking them in water to save time. I also lacked tumeric, so I combined 3/4ths of a tsp of paprika with 4/ths of cumin and a dash of cinnamon to coat the fish.



This dish took 20 minutes to prepare and cook, serves three and is probably the freshest tasting curry recipe I've used. And at around $2 a serving, you can continue to use what little money you have on getting hammered. This is how it turned out:

No comments:

Post a Comment